Monday, March 9, 2009

Welcome to the Bend Blog

Well, I've finally done it. I have jumped into the world wide web pool. Besides my website, I have been relatively unaware of all the net has to offer. But, no longer. The Bend Blog will serve as a way to communicate to my patients and anyone else about the goings on at Bend Chiropractic & Laser Therapy. But, further, I have also jumped back onto Facebook with an individual profile and a page for my practice. And, I am now connected with the LinkedIn crowd on the web. I'm still not really sure what this means, but apparently it will help me stay connected with the imaginary world that is the internet.

The Bend Blog plan is to share my thoughts regarding chiropractic ... and everything else. I hope to keep my blogs relevant to chiropractic, health, wellness, and fitness. But, when my blogs veer away from these topics, I still hope you'll find them either entertaining or informative.

My inaugural Bend Blog today serves to announce the 24th Annual Backs In Motion 10Km Run & 5Km Run / Walk. Hosted by my alma mater, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC), this annual event serves to get people out walking or running in support of chiropractic education. I participated in this event when I was in school at CMCC. I wasn't a runner back then but I managed to get through the race/run. I paid for it for a week though. I remember walking up and down stairs without bending my knees due to the post-run tightness. This time around should be a lot smoother (I'm hoping). More on why this time around should be smoother in a subsequent blog.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to participate in this event on Sunday, April 19. Below is a link to the registration on the Running Free website:

24th Annual Backs In Motion Run / Walk